[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
User Experience Lead
60654, IL, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
MCD Partners, a leading interactive services agency, is looking for an User Experience Lead, with strong conceptual skills, and a keen eye for details. This is a senior-level position, and extensive experience in leading user interaction design is a must.
• You will be the primary face of User Experience for our company in the Chicago office, a thought leader.
• Work closely with clients to help them build great websites. Understand them better than they understand themselves.
• Create wires, site maps, user flows, plus managing other UX designers to ensure that all work going out for your clients is consistently great.
• Prepare and run collaborative workshops like Design Studios and brainstorming sessions
• Conduct research through user research, stakeholder interviews, market research, web analytics, observation, surveys, etc.
• Stay current on emerging industry trends, and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve usability, and website functionality
• Participate in the recruitment process to help build the UX team
• Help develop ongoing training programs to develop the skills of the whole team
• Mentor junior UX team members; challenging and motivating them
MCD Partners is a digital customer experience agency, helping companies manage and grow their businesses online by optimizing, simplifying and designing best-in-class customer experiences. We work with some of the world’s most recognizable brands including Discover Financial Services, TIAA-CREF, The Hartford Group and Johnson & Johnson. Learn more at www.mcdpartners.com.
• At least 5 years relevant experience is a must, prior interactive agency environment is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas preferred: Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Computer Science
• Previous experience with creating complex, user-centric websites required; experience in or knowledge of website development or coding, preferred
• Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design
• Prior experience leading a team of User Experience/Information Architects
• Strong knowledge of wireframing, and user-centric design best practices is required
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
How to apply
Qualified candidates may apply online: http://mcdpartners.com/careers/user-experience-lead/ozvt2fwj/IAInstitute