Who: Samantha Bailey
Where: Akron, OH, USA
Samantha Bailey serves as our Job Board initiative leader. She is a highly skilled leader with more than a decade of management experience in a variety of user-centered design environments. She is currently consulting and teaching as an adjunct professor at Kent State University in the Information Architecture & Knowledge Management program.
She was formerly the Director of Usability at Thomson West for the westlaw.com interface, the premier legal research product on the market. At Thomson West, she was responsible for user interface design direction, user experience research efforts and usability testing program, and was the lead information architect at Wachovia Bank.
Samantha was also Vice President of Operations at Argus Associates, a pioneering information architecture firm whose approach to user-centered design was based on applying principles of library science. She played a critical role in building a world-class information architecture operation, contributing to the development of an industry-leading methodology and process.
More about Samantha at www.baileysorts.com
The IAI runs on volunteer love.
The Information Architecture Institute supports volunteer initiatives in the areas of research, education, advocacy and community service. Our organization only works if our members contribute directly to our global mission.
We depend on our volunteers to:
- Run World IA Day: We currently have 38 teams in 27 countries planning a one day free event in their local community.
- Translate IA Articles: Our global team of information architects has gained permission to translate many seminal IA articles into other languages for the benefit of a worldwide audience. We currently have translations in nineteen languages and are working on more.
- Run Local Groups: Help IA professionals find each other where they live, share tools, plan events and collaborate on local projects.
- Rebuild the IA Library: Bring information architecture thought and action to a worldwide audience.
- Manage the IA Job Board: An excellent source of information on typical job descriptions and experience requirements for various IA roles
- Match Mentors: Our program hand matches mentors with protégés who seeks to learn the craft of IA.
For a list of roles we are recruiting for in our active initiatives, please go to our volunteer opportunities page or send a cover letter to volunteer at iainstitute dot org to find your fit.
This page was last modified on November 18, 2013 11:13 PM.