Boxes and Arrows is an online journal dedicated to understanding the design of the architecture and structure of digital spaces, and often features articles on the craft of information architecture.
Visit the Member Center for details on partner discounts.
The Institute is developing a recommended curriculum framework to assist instructors in planning IA classes. It will include an outline of educational topics and a process for applying the framework.
- Overall improvement the quality of information architecture education
- Assist instructors in creating and refining curricula over time
- To some extent, establish a standard educational core of information architecture concepts and skills
Until the framework is released, see the syllabi below for examples of existing classes:
- University of Michigan
School of Information
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
This syllabus is the foundational course developed by Peter Morville in 2004 for the University of Michigan.
- Kent State University Information Architecture and Knowledge Management
Masters of Science in User Experience Design
Kent, Ohio, USA
- Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland
Library and Information Science Institute
Information Architecture Postgraduate Study
[view syllabus (Polish)]
[download curriculum in English]
- University of Alberta
School of Library and Information Studies, Information Architecture Course
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- University of Baltimore
Master of Science in Interaction Design and Information Architecture
Information Arts and Technogies
Baltimore, MD, USA
We need volunteers to accomplish this initiative. To volunteer, contact our Education Curriculum leader at education @iainstitute.org.
This page was last modified on January 4, 2012 06:28 PM.